Thursday, January 21, 2010

Productivity

Being productive feels amazing!

I'm hoping that maybe, if I put up a reminder to myself that I actually ENJOY this stuff and this feeling, that I'll be more inclined to do it.

First of all, I actually watched a White House briefing, and the news. It got my brain going, instead of being a pile of mush all day.

Next, I actually organized some of my papers, which I've only been putting off for...a year, or two, or three. I not only felt good about myself for doing it, but I kind of enjoyed it. And I felt good looking and seeing things starting to come together. It's one of the best feelings in the world to have everything starting to make sense, instead of just being a piled jumble of nonsense and excess.

I've also worked out today, and thrown a sticky note on my desktop about a workout regimen that I'm hoping to keep to. I've downsized it a lot from old versions, but I've realised that if I get started, I often go above and beyond. But if I think to myself, "I only have to do a little to meet my goal," I'm more likely to do it in the first place, instead of looking and thinking, "I really don't want to do 100 situps right now."

So yeah, I probably sound hyper right now, because I am. I'm really enjoying this. I'm loving this feeling. I'm loving it so much. I feel so good about myself.

So yeah, I'm slightly dizzy, still. That never goes away, but I'm smiling, and I'm excited.

I just don't want to go to bed, and lose this drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment