Sunday, October 4, 2009

Deflowering my Blog

So, it's very possible that this could be an epic phail. I've never been one to be a dedicated blogger before, and I am notoriously horrible at keeping up with messages and the like. However, I almost always have a lot of (usually rather chaotic) thoughts running through my head, and I'm starting to think I should have somewhere I can share them. Don't expect these posts to be anything spectacular. I think that one of the problems with me trying to do blogs and journal posts before, on sites like Livejournal, and on my Mangabullet page, is that I feel somehow like I absolutely HAVE to make every post worthwhile and well-edited. The thought of doing this, oftentimes, will deter me from writing anything at all, as I often feel too exhausted to write what basically amounts to a finished draft of a short essay.

There will be none of that here.

The inspiration for starting this blog was one of my frequent times going into one of my philosophical "moods" at far too late/early in the morning. I get like this a lot, usually during times when there's nobody around to chat with and get my thoughts and feelings out. I find myself having a lot of little epiphanies: Things that are too rough for finished journals, and too drawn out for little Twitter posts. I'm hoping this place will provide those thoughts with a new home.

What I'm hoping this to be is a place where people can get a look inside my head. I'm a very open person, but I tend to seem a bit aloof online, simply because I'm normally too tired to answer comments and keep things up-to-date. I'm hoping that by establishing, from post 1, that this is a place that's free for me to simply rant, that it won't go down in flames like some of my other attempts. With that said, I'm giving the disclaimer now that there is absolutely 0% guarantee that I will reply to anyone who comments here. If I feel like responding, I will. Selfish, maybe, but I have a life to take care of, and one which drains me of most of my energy.

Cheers to a relaxed, therapeutic environment for me to share my thoughts. That's all this is. <3

1 comment:

  1. mellosbitch here, I hope that you do not mind that I am following this blog now. Though you will find that I too tend not to update mine that often.lol I think its been a year.

    ReplyDelete